TITLE: Parks Maintenance-Laborer
SALARY: $13-14 per hour
The Parks Maintenance Laborer performs work with trim mower, rough mower, triplex mower, Z-turn rotary mower, bunkers machine, green mower, utility vehicle, hand tools and handheld power tools such as weed eater, blower, edger and fly mower, plus any other maintenance tasks asked by Supervisor, and according to Mountain Lake’s goals, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Use hand tools such as rakes, shovels, tamps, level-on divot smoother, broom, brushes, hose, and other hand tools as directed by immediate Supervisor.
- Operate many types of handheld power tools equipment; blower, weed eater, walk mower, edger, fly mower, walk behind vacuum or blower, pole saw and hedge trimmer.
- May operate ride-on-mowing equipment and other smaller equipment as trained and directed by Supervisor.
- Ensure that the equipment cooling system is always working; refill fuel and check oil daily; clean equipment daily; and report equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Perform sod installation, grass removal, edging of cart paths and bunkers, weed eater work on lake banks, fills divots on tees and fairways, erosion repair on paths and in bunkers, underbrush clearing for line of sight, cleaning up fallen tree debris and any other task directed by Supervisor.
Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF:
- Safe, efficient mechanical operation of ride on mowers, small-motorized equipment, and handheld power tools
- The game of golf and understanding of how conditions affect the golfer and playability
- Performing 5-star service
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Follow oral and written directions
- Meet time schedules, deadlines, and plan and organize work
- Work confidently with discretion and independently with little direction
- Work cooperatively with others using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field
- Maintain positive, effective, and professional team member relations
- Acquire knowledge of Park, the Colony House, and all hazards
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one (1) or more years in golf course maintenance or country club experience
- Private Club experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license; commercial driver license preferred.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and stand for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop and kneel.
- Moderate to loud noise level in the work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- Exposure to various types of Florida weather conditions including sunshine, heat, humidity, and rain.