Golf Course Maintenance – Laborer
TITLE: Golf Course Maintenance-Laborer
SALARY: $13-14 per hour
This position performs work with bunkers machine, green mower, utility vehicle, hand tools and handheld power tools such as weed eater, blower, edger, and fly mower plus any other maintenance tasks asked by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Use hand tools such as rakes, shovels, tamps, level-on divot smoother, broom, brushes, hose and other hand tools as directed by immediate Supervisor.
- Operate many types of handheld power tools equipment; blower, weed eater, walk mower, edger, fly mower, walk behind vacuum or blower, pole saw, and hedge trimmer.
- May operate other smaller equipment as trained and directed by Supervisor.
- Ensure that the equipment cooling system is working at all times; refills fuel and checks oil daily; clean equipment daily; and report equipment problems or failures to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Performs sod installation, grass removal, edging of cart paths and bunkers, weed eater work on lake banks, fills divots on tees and fairways, erosion repair on paths and in bunkers, underbrush clearing for line of sight, cleaning up fallen tree debris and any other task directed by Supervisor.
Performs other work-related duties and special projects as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF:
- Safe, efficient mechanical operation of ride on mowers, small, motorized equipment and handled power tools
- The golf course and all hazards
- The game of golf and understanding how conditions affect the golfer and playability
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Meet time schedules, deadlines, and plan and organize work
- Work confidently with discretion and independently with little direction
- Work cooperatively with others using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Follow oral and written directions
- Maintain positive, effective, and professional team member relations
- Perform 5-star service
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Private club experience preferred
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Valid Driver’s License, commercial driver license preferred
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and stand for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop and kneel.
- Ability to carry equipment back and forth to different areas when needed.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems.
- Frequent lifting, bending, twisting, climbing, stooping, reaching, and pulling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member works both in a garage and outdoor environment. In this environment:
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- Exposure to various types of Florida weather conditions, including sunshine, humidity, heat, and rain.
- Moderate to loud noise level in the work environment.